Post Workout Meal: Recovering Faster with Nutrition
Next Level Podcast with Host Tavis Piattoly, MS, RD, LD
Tavis Piattoly, MS, RD, LDN
Host and Presenter
Co-founder of My Sports Dietitian
Window of Opportunity
You've just completed a very intense 90 minute strength and conditioning workout and your body is tired but also hungry and is primed for calories. Now that your muscles have been broken down and your gas tank is empty, the window of opportunity to refill is closing and depending on when you consume your post workout calories, could determine where your body will breakdown more muscle than it repairs.
1) What happens during an intense strength and conditioning workout
2) Importance of Post Workout Nutrition
3) The “Window of Opportunity” to maximize muscle recovery
4) Ideal amount of carbohydrates and protein to maximize recovery?
5) How much protein do I really need after a workout?
6) Is food or fluid best to consume post workout?