Fueling Football Players: Easy or Hard?
Next Level Podcast with Host Tavis Piattoly, MS, RD, LD
Lisa Dorfman MS, RD, CSSD, LMHC
Known globally as The Running Nutritionist ® Lisa is a Licensed & Board Certified Sports Dietitian/Nutritionist, Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified USA T&F & USA Triathlon Coach, former professional triathlete & the 2008 US Olympic/Paralympic Sailing Teams Nutritionist.
Fueling a busy and very active football player can be a big challenge. Lisa is up for the challenge. Known globally as The Running Nutritionist ® Lisa is a Licensed & Board Certified Sports Dietitian/Nutritionist, Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified USA T&F & USA Triathlon Coach, former professional triathlete & the 2008 US Olympic/Paralympic Sailing Teams Nutritionist. Lisa is personal nutritionist to hundreds of youth, teen, collegiate & professional athletes in the NFL, MLB, USTA, US Boxing & more than 20 individual & team sports.
Since 1983 Lisa has nutritionally coached & educated thousands of student athletes, coaches & parents on healthy strategies for achieving optimal health in the classroom, in sport & in life. As former Director of the University of Miami Graduate Program in Nutrition for Health & Human Performance/Professor -Department of Kinesiology & Sports Sciences & Hurricanes Athletic Teams Sports Nutritionist (2003-2013); Culinary Nutrition instructor at Johnson & Wales University and Miami Culinary Institute @ Miami Dade College, Lisa’s dedication, passion & enthusiasm regarding food as fuel for Health, sport & life is evident by the respect & appreciation of coaches, athletes, students and parents worldwide
Lisa is a competitive runner and triathlete who has competed in more than 34 marathons (PR 2:52:32), IronmanUSA Lake Placid, dozens of half marathons and 1/2 ironmans, and hundreds of running and multisport races. In 2004, she competed for the United States on Team USA at the World Long Distance Duathlon Championships. Lisa resides in Miami, Florida with her husband and 3 children.
In this podcast you will learn:
- When Lisa discovered a love for football?
- The challenges she sees regarding football players meeting their nutrition needs?
- Nutrition principles football players should consider that could elevate performance.
- Nutrition principles she recommends to players trying to pack on weight and muscle.
- Whether specific positions require more calories than others (i.e. OL vs a Linebacker)?
- The Pre-Game Meal and types of pre-game meals that are best?
- Her recommendations to help athlete’s hydrate with the right type of drink?
- Which is best to hydrate? (Water, Sports drinks, or both?)?
- Sports Supplements for Football and Supplement Safety Practices?
- Her new great eBook on Performance Nutrition for Football Players: Gain the Advantage and why she wanted to create it?
- Topics discussed in the Ebook?
- Where you can purchase Lisa’s eBook?
Links and Resources
- Performance Nutrition for Football Players
- 6 Ways Football Players Can Improve Performance
- Sports Nutrition for Power Athletes
- Gain Weight, Build Muscle and Improve Athletic Performance
- What are the Top 3 Workout Snacks for Football Players that want to Increase Energy Levels and Build Muscle?
- What Should I Eat to Keep me Energized for an Entire Football Practice?
- What Snacks Should I Eat to Fuel Up Before Football Practice?
- Why Athletes Struggle to Gain Weight?
- What foods should I avoid before a game?
- Should I take supplements?