Susan Marquez, MS, RD, CSSD, LDN
Helping athletes meet their nutrition and performance goals through a weigh inclusive lens.
Susan is originally from the Chicago area and completed her bachelor's degree at University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign. She completed her dietetic internship and gradate degree at East Carolina University where she decided She has a history of working in collegiate athletics and clinical nutrition and still works part-time in clinical nutrition. She has recently started her own private practice with a focus on performance nutrition. When Susan is not practicing dietetics, she enjoys spending time with my husband, family (including all the pets) and friends. She also enjoys running, playing tennis, long walks with her dog, and playing piano.
About Susan Marquez, MS, RD, CSSD, LDN
- Sports Nutrition Volunteer at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (August 2015- July 2016)
- Sports Nutrition Fellow at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (August 2016- June 2017)
- Clinical Nutrition Manager at Sovah Health Danville (November 2017- November 2022)
- Registered Dietitian PRN at Duke Medical Center (November 2022-present)
- Registered Dietitian with Triangle Performance Nutrition LLC ( November 2022-present)
What others are saying about working with Susan
“Susan was great to work with. I was training for my first 50k and was struggling maintaining my energy and was getting somewhat nauseous during my longer training runs. Susan helped me come up with a fuel strategy for my race and a pre-workout and post-workout diet to maximize the last few training runs before the race day, and I was able to run my race without nausea and kept up my energy so I finished 16th!”