Performance Nutrition for Soccer Players
Next Level Podcast with Host Tavis Piattoly, MS, RD, LD
Bob Seebohar, MS, RD, CSSD, CSCS, METS
Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics, the former Director of Sports Nutrition for the University of Florida and most recently served as a sport dietitian for the US Olympic Committee.
Bob has great insight on how fuel soccer players in order to improve performance. Bob is a Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics, the former Director of Sports Nutrition for the University of Florida and most recently served as a sport dietitian for the US Olympic Committee. Bob traveled to the 2008 Summer Olympic Games as a sport dietitian for the US Olympic Team and the personal sport dietitian for the Olympic Triathlon Team.
Bob has a bachelor's degree in Exercise and Sports Science, a master's degree in Health and Exercise Science and a second master's degree in Food Science and Human Nutrition. He is a registered dietitian, exercise physiologist, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and a High Performance Triathlon Coach. As a nutrition coach, Bob specializes in enhancing health and improving performance by improving metabolic efficiency and using nutrition periodization, which provides varying nutrition recommendations to each specific athlete based on training cycle changes and body composition and weight goals.
Bob has worked with a variety of athletes from sports including triathlon, duathlon, ultra-running/cycling, track and field, marathon, mountain biking, road and track cycling, cross country, swimming, football, tae kwon do, motocross, tennis, wrestling, weightlifting, rowing, skeleton, sailing, paralympic sailing, canoeing and kayaking. He has worked with all ages and abilities of athletes including high schoolers/juniors, recreationally active adults, professional athletes and Olympians. Bob currently consults as a sport dietitian for US Sailing (Olympic and Paralympic sailors) and the USA Triathlon National Team.
Practicing what he preaches, Bob has been an athlete his entire life growing up playing competitive soccer for 18 years. He also coaches youth and collegiate soccer for six years. During that time, he was the head coach for Colorado State University women’s soccer club where he led them to be national champions. In 1993 he turned to endurance sports and has competed in many endurance events including the Boston Marathon, six Ironman races, the Leadville 100 mile trail race, the Leadville 100 mile mountain bike race and in 2009, Bob became a Leadman, completing all six of the Leadville endurance events in 7 weeks. Currently, he is specializing in short course triathlon training and competition to see how fast he can get!
In this podcast you will learn:
- What is Bob's background of playing soccer?
- The challenges Bob sees regarding nutrition for soccer players?
- Nutrition principles a soccer player should consider that could elevate his or her performance
- Why soccer athletes have difficulty gaining weight and the nutrition principles he recommends for soccer players who are trying to gain weight
- Nutrition for Soccer Tournaments and what to avoid and common mistakes being made
- How to fuel the body during tournaments?
- Hydration recommendations for Soccer Players?
- What form of hydration is best: Water, Sports drinks, or both?
- Bob’s new eBook on Performance Nutrition for Soccer Players: Gain the Advantage.
- Goals of his new eBook?
- Topics discussed in the eBook?
- Where can our listeners purchase his ebook?