Nutrition Principles for Physique and MMA Athletes
Next Level Podcast with Host Tavis Piattoly, MS, RD, LD
Jimmy Smith, MS, CSCS
A recognized leader in the field of human performance and offers a unique blend of cutting edge nutrition and training information to his elite athletes and clients. As a author, speaker and coach Jimmy has helped professional and elite athletes in 6 different major sports and recreational athletes reach a higher level of performance and physique development.
Jimmy has been a guest on ESPN Radio, ABCNews.com, CBSSports.com and in Men's Fitness and Men's Health magazines and his best-selling book, The Physique Formula, has helped hundreds of athletes and health enthusiasts attain leaner and healthier physiques . Jimmy is also an athlete himself, having played high level of college basketball, and he continues to use himself as a human performance experiment in order to give his athletes the legal and natural edge to become champions.
In this podcast you will learn:
- What made Jimmy want to work in the field of strength, conditioning, and nutrition?
- Who was the first known athlete that approached him about helping them change their diet?
- What makes the MMA athlete a little different than a football or baseball player or is there a difference in the approach?
- What are the nutritional biggest challenges an athlete struggles with the most when trying to lower their body fat?
- What 3 key nutrition principles are a must when someone is trying to improve their body composition?
- If there a specific macronutrient ratio he develops for each individual (i.e. based on body type, goals, body composition)?
- Does he change calorie requirements or macronutrients based on the volume of training of his clients?
- Safe strategies to help athletes make their fighting or performance weight.
- Supplement safety and education before designing a comprehensive supplement plan.
- What specific supplements he recommends for athletes or individuals who are trying to reduce body fat?
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Twitter: @jimmysmithtrain
- Website: physiqueformuladiet.com