“The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand and the determination that whether we win or lose, you have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. ~Vince Lombard”
Cathy Tillery, MS, CSSD, RD, LD
Cathy Tillery is a Registered Dietitian (RD) and a Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics. (CSSD) She is a speaker. writer and experienced practitioner in the field of nutrition with 25 years of experience at every level of competitive sports from teen to master’s level.
Cathy was a competitive gymnastic growing up before she switched to distance running and competed in college. She has participated in multiple endurance events including 15k’s, half marathons and triathlons. Now you will often find her on the sidelines watching one of her three kids chart their own path with sports.
Cathy strives to help athletes learn to use food to fuel their bodies to perform and embrace sound sports nutritional practices in order to help them achieve their goals both on and off the field.
- Undergraduate faculty member in the Division of Sports Health Science and Campus Dietitian for the athletes, faculty/staff and community at Life University.
- Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics with a Master's degree in Exercise Physiology.
- Sports Performance Dietitian for the Chicago White Sox MiLB (2020 season)
- Over 25 years of experience working with athletes from recreational, high school, collegiate and professional.
- Experience with athletes and eating disorders.
“I have a busy family! A female teenage Level 9 gymnast, a male teenage football player, wrestler and an adult male triathlete all under one roof. They each have unique needs and Cathy has helped us meet them all! In a simple and easy to understand way, Cathy taught each person the importance of fueling their body correctly while eating food they enjoy. She works great with our teenagers and has helped me as a mom meal plan for the whole family.
Cathy always responds quickly when we have questions and always has a big smile on her face! We can't say enough great things about her!
Choose Cathy as Your Sports Dietitian
Why Hire a Sports Dietitian? Because your Competition Is!