Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD, CSSD, LDN
- Athletes are turning to plant-based diets for performance, physique and health. The increased antioxidant intake on plant based diets may be of benefit to athletes, nutrient composition must be evaluated for adequacy, efficacy and practicality. As sports dietitians we need to help our athletes strategize their macros, micros, hydros and phytos with inclusive, accessible, affordable food guidance.
- The audience will learn how to:
- Evaluate the nutrients profiles of plant based diets as they relate to physiology, physique and performance goals.
- Consider the athletes' rationale for choosing a plant based diet to appropriately design an eating plan that meets ethical, health and fitness outcomes.
- Assess current eating patterns for deficiencies and provide guidelines recommendations to find appropriate plant based food substitutions and supplementation if warranted.
- 1 Credit Hour as Approved by Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- 1 Credit Hour as Approved by the Board of Certification for Athletic Trainers (BOC)