Jen Case, PhD, RD, CSSD, CSCS
- Carbohydrates are crucial for optimal performance in athletes. There are many benefits to knowing the amount of carbohydrate intake that each athlete needs and the most ideal schedule for consumption. This presentation will discuss the usage and benefits of carbohydrates during exercise.
- The audience will learn how to:
- Understand the role carbohydrates play in fueling the athlete.
- Evaluate training schedules to determine when carbohydrate consumption will be most beneficial for your athlete.
- Create macronutrient guidelines for your athletes
- 1 Credit Hour as Approved by Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- 1 Credit Hour as Approved by the Board of Certification for Athletic Trainers (BOC)
- CDR Performance Indicators: 8.1.1, 8.1.2, 8.1.4, 8.1.5